Being considered a healing plant, the salvia is recognized for its medicinal value. Used primarily as a spice, salvia also has therapeutic qualities being used as infusion or tincture. Essential oil of sage is extracted
Being considered a healing plant, the salvia is recognized for its medicinal value. Used primarily as a spice, salvia also has therapeutic qualities being used as infusion or tincture. Essential oil of sage is extracted from the leaves of the plant. The oil contains a number of active principles with a heightened therapeutic value. It contains a complex of vitamins, among vitamins A, B, vitamin C, minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc and sodium, being a real source of substances for the body.
It’s a good antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral. Sage oil is noted for the relief of various skin problems. It is also appreciated for the lipolytic, anti-cellulite and balancing effect of sweat.
Method of obtaining:
It is obtained by steam distillation of the aerial parts of the plant.
Clear, pale yellow liquid, low viscosity. It has an erbaceous, stingy and strong medicinal odor.
– cutaneous repair, healing;
– lipolytic, anti-cellulite, facilitates the removal of fat from tissues;
– Potent, antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral;
– sweat regulator.
– combat cellulite;
– for fatty, acneic, superinfected skin;
– scars, scarring difficulties;
– excessive sweating;
– oily hair, seborrhea, hair loss, dandruff;
– infections and other skin problems.
Way of ussage:
– Attention! Sage essentioal oil is not used as such on the skin, just as an ingredient in cosmetics and aromatherapy compositions. Recommended dosage in cosmetic compositions: up to 2%;
– As an ingredient for the formulation of creams, balms or oils with anticellular effect, body remodeling;
– As an ingredient in balms, ointments or creams with local application for scarring, eczema, dermatitis, acne, seborrhea;
– As an ingredient in the preparation of cleaners, antimicrobial solutions, skin hygiene compositions;
– As an ingredient in deodorants, mouthwash, toothpaste;
– If you have a greasy hair, seborrheic scalp, dandruff caused by fungal infection, you can add it to shampoo.