In the last article we presented the main shapes of the face. Now you are ready to perform a make-up, you have everything you need and you are determined to complete this operation. Before you
In the last article we presented the main shapes of the face. Now you are ready to perform a make-up, you have everything you need and you are determined to complete this operation. Before you begin, remember what a great French makeup artist calls the “golden laws of makeup”:
- Every ascending line rejuvenates, and every descending line ages.
- Any dark eyeshadow blurs what it covers, while any light-colored eyeshadow highlights the part on which it was applied. So, with two colors of eyeshadows, two foundations, two shades of powder, you will get, at your desire, shade and light.
- A make-up, in order to be very successful, must be applied on a healthy, well-cleansed and not too tired skin.
- Every face has two centers that attract attention and fix the gaze of others: the eyes and the mouth, because they are vivid, mobile and colored points.
- Do not apply too much blush at once, whether it is mascara or foundation. If what you applied the first time is not enough, add more. It is much easier to add than to delete the surplus.
- If you did something wrong, you better delete it completely and take everything from the beginning, because only a very safe hand can successfully make a rectification.
- Makeup must take into account age, personality, fashion, season, time, occasion, toilet and hairstyle.
- Makeup products must be suitable for your skin type.
- If you are a beginner, adopt the progressive makeup system.
- For color harmony to be complete, it must take into account:
- eye color;
- hair color;
- skin color;
- the color of colored makeup stains (lipstick, eyeshadow) and the color of the toilet.
- Lipstick, eyeshadow and nail polish should match.
- Makeup can also change after the occasional changes in skin color: makeup for tanned skin (reddened by wind, rosacea) or makeup for a pale and tired face.
- To save time, be tidy.
These are the golden laws of makeup. In the next article we will show the main reasons why makeup does not “hold”.