The suede shoe has a special charm being extremely elegant, but it is extremely difficult to maintain. That’s why many people are afraid to buy such shoes. Here are some maintenance tips for the suede
The suede shoe has a special charm being extremely elegant, but it is extremely difficult to maintain. That’s why many people are afraid to buy such shoes. Here are some maintenance tips for the suede that will remove any care related to cleaning:
1. Water with vinegar
Well, yeah! In spite of the smell, the vinegar makes wonders for the suede shoes. Prepare a solution of water and vinegar in equal parts. With a soft cloth soaked in the solution, delicately cleanses the stains on the shoes. Let them dry at room temperature for 10 minutes and enjoy your shoes again! Do not put the shoe to dry near the radiator or other heat generating sources because you risk that the material will clutter and get an uneven appearance.
2. Brush and spray
There are special brushes and sprays designed for this purpose. Apply regular spray to increase waterproofness and leave footwear easier to clean. Before using the brush, make sure the shoes are dry and brush just in one direction.
“Remove” stains on shoes with a eraser. Remove the marks left with a special brush for suede shoes or a soft cloth.
4. Milk and Sodium Bicarbonate
Use 200 ml of milk and one teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate to refresh the glossy portions of the suede surfaces.
Do not forget:
- Never wash the suede shoes to the washing machine or directly under the jet of water;
- It is preferable to keep such shoes in the original box;
- Do not keep your suede shoes directly into the sun’s rays, you risk that it will discolor;
- Do not wear the same pair of shoes every day! The shoe needs at least 24 hours to “breathe” and regain its original shape.